Followers

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Something else that's kept me busy :o)

Before my son went back to Afghanistan in January (for the last time, we hope) he asked if I would be able to make him some sort of storage box to keep all his letters and cards etc in that we had sent to him on his three postings to Afghanistan. He suggested an old shoe box but knowing that most of the cards that I had sent to him were too big for that, as were some of the gift items that we sent, I went in search of a suitable box. I found one at Cuddly_Buddly which was 26cm square so it was plenty big enough to take landscape A5 cards. To decorate it I painted both inside and out with magnolia emulsion and then set work!! I used Adirondak and Tim Holtz Distress inks to colour over the magnolia and mainly stamps that I have purchased from, Crafty_Individuals, crackle, script, post mark and the pocket watch was a freebie from Craft Stamper. When I was happy with the coverage I then inked the chipboard shapes, again from Crafty Individuals, that I bought a while back, but hadn't used, having seen them in the Craft Stamper magazine. I used the Decorative Flourishes on the sides, and the Swirls and Fleur de Lys on the lid.
The corner "protectors" were the waste from the Fleur de Lys sheets.


The Decorative Flourishes

When all that was done I used an ink duster to colour the inside of the box and lid concentrating the colour in the corners and the joins to give an aged, dusty look


I finished off the project by making some dividers for Michael to separate his keepsakes.


Michael absolutely loved it and it is now on display in his new home

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully...what a lovely place for him to put his keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete