Followers

Monday, 31 May 2010

Birthday card for Evie Mae

I made this card last year for my friend's grandaughter's 3rd birthday. I love making the personalised backing papers with the child's name on. I overprinted the BP with the figure 3 with no colour for the infil and a bold red outline. It's set up on my laptop so that when I cut the number from the BP it will be covered by matting and layering.


The red card was embossed using the Happy Birthday Provocraft Cuttlebug embossing folder and the fairy is a die-cut from Lili of the Valley. The sparkle was added to her wings with Glamour Dust.

Sunday, 30 May 2010

Niece's Birthday Card

This is a card that I made for my nieces birthday earlier this month. I used a kit from
Craftwork_Cards, Chocolate and Marshmallow. Firstly I put a square of pink swirl paper in the centre of the card where the aperture of the frame would be. The frame was already embossed but I felt that it needed livening up a bit. I used a pale pink (can't remember the exact shade) Promarker and went over the embossing. I was really pleased with the effect so it's a technique that I'll use again. To get the embossed flower centres to match the die-cut flower centres I used a small hole punch to punch circles from the chocolate card candy. The frame, flowers and sentiment were all attached using 3d foam squares
A close up of the detail


Saturday, 29 May 2010

Let's Get Stamping Challenge 15th May

For this challenge we had to follow a sketch and the twist was that the card had to be food related. I had the perfect stamps and papers all ready to use before the challenge was announced, must have been a lucky day. I'm making Christmas cards at the moment so I used two stamps and stamped them on to a cork sheet which gave the look of gingerbread and Christmas pudding. It took several goes before I managed to cut them out without the cork seperating but I'm glad that I persevered. The backing paper was in a 12"x12" paper pack that I got when I joined the Reader's Union many years ago. There were 3 sheets in the pack and I'm now down to the last 5"x7" which I shall save for posterity! I stamped the sentiment and covered it with Glamour Dust to give it some sparkle. I used a gold star brad and border peel-offs to finish the card

Friday, 28 May 2010

LGS Challenge 22nd May

For this weeks challenge we had to follow a sketch and use something that we've not used for ages or a new technique. As I'm making Christmas cards for the charity I support my card is a Christmas one and I've used my Glamour Dust which I've not used since I don't know when. I've used the Glamour Dust on the background of the stamp, the snowflake and a narrow border around all the layers. The stamp is a Bentley Bear stamp that was a freebie with a magazine which I stamped twice so that I could layer it, the BP was another freebie and the pearlescent backgrounds were embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake folder.





A close up of the topper and snowflake

Thursday, 27 May 2010

Let's Get Stamping (Craftbubble) Challenge 1st May

I've decided that each day I will post a card that I have made previously if I don't have a new card to show you.


This is the card I made for the LGS challenge 1st May 2010. As well as following the sketch there was a twist to the embellishments to be used. We had to make our flowers and I used the same technique as I have for this weeks
stampinsistersinchrist challenge as I posted yesterday.


The papers that I used were a magazine freebie and the stamp is from Little_Claire called Blissful. I used Promarkers to colour her, the colours being a perfect match to the papers.
The flower centres are Card Candy from
Craftwork_Cards, the tropical colourway. I just love card candy!


Wednesday, 26 May 2010

First Easel Card and entry for Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

The challenge is to use distressing or sponge the edges of your card/project and can be found here

This is the first easel card that I have made and I think it turned out quite well. For the base card and the stand up front I used Spellbinder's Nestabilities Label #8. I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and coloured it using Ranger's Sea Shells ink pad in Cloudy Blue. For the flowers and the backing papers I used a 6"x6" paper pack that was free with Card Making and Papercraft magazine. To create the flowers and leaves I used a Cuttlebug flower die, cutting the flowers I used for the leaves in half. For each flower I cut 4 shapes and I used the same ink pad to edge the flowers and leaves before cutting into the flower shapes to create petals, curling them for added depth. The flower centres were created using the deep pink from the Craftwork Cards Card Candy Tropical pack. The butterfly is one that I cut out using a Martha Stewart punch at the ICHF Aintree show in white. It was coloured using a Tattered Rose Distress ink pad. The only part of the card that I'm not 100% sure of is the stems that were created using a Woodware Tiny Phrase stamp in Adirondak Bottle. I did a second print without re-inking to get a shadow effect but I think they just look smudged.



A close up of the flowers and "smudged" stems!