Followers

Thursday, 26 August 2010

Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge #26

I made this card for the
Ourdailybreaddesigns challenge #26 using die cuts or punched shapes.
StampinsistersinChrist challenge #53 to use a life verse. I chose Galations 5:22 as it lists all the characteristics that I try to live by.

I had in mind how I wanted this card to look and by the time it was finished I wasn't at all hppy with it. It didn't look as nice as it had in my head but I thought "I've made it so I'm going to show it". My daughter, who is my worst critic, has just come in, saw the card and said "Awww that's so pretty" so it must be ok lol


I used my Cuttlebug to die cut the centre panels and the butterflies. On the yellow side of the card the image was mainly debossed so I just rubbed it over with a pigment ink pad, covered it with embossing powder and heated it up to make it glossy. The embossing powder that I used stays hot and soft longer than most others that I have so it would be ideal to try and triple emboss with it. I did the same with both layers of the butterflies but used a Versamark pen on the raised areas. Inked the edges of the yellow cardstock with the same inkpad that I used for colouring the centre panel, which has Galations 5:22 on that I had done on the pc.
Close ups above and below showing the inking and embossing. I love the white edge that you get when you colour the shape whilst the Nestie is still in place.

I used
Cardstock from the Paper Mill Shop
General copier paper with a computer generated Bible verse
Cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder
Nestabilities Labels #8 and duo butterfly die
Versacolour inkpad narcissus
Versamark pen
Brilliance pearlescent sky inkpad
Kirsten Lapping Designs Clearly Magic embossing powder
Gems from stash
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper



7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I so love the yellow and blue combo and the butterflies. Gorgeous way to frame the verse. Thanks for joining the ODBD Challenge this week!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I am keen to do a specifically Christian card, but am keeping an eye on how others go about it first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very lovely, beautiful butterflies, such a nice verse. Hope your aches and pains have eased. janex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card - the embossing is really pretty! Thanks for playing this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and beautiful colors. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Margaret - what a pretty card! I love the colours and you embpossing! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining is st Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is stunning Margaret, Love the color combo and the butterflys are beautiful!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete