Followers

Saturday, 21 August 2010

I've done too much!

After going to my GP and him prescribing me yet another pill I had felt a bit more in control of the pain. Yesterday I did the housework that I'm allowed to do and today went out shopping with Adrian. Now I feel back to square one and I'm in absolute agony again :o( I wish I could have a spine transplant or that my own was operable :o( Oh well, could be worse I suppose.

I have made another wall plaque with the sentiment Cherish yesterday Dream tomorrow Live today
A close up of the flowers. I'm really pleased with them and they are so easy to make. For each one I cut three large circles and three smaller circles, I can't find the piece of paper with the exact sizes, I should have written them in my design book! Each one was screwed up tight opened up and then scewed up and opened again. I then rubbed over the creases and the edges of the circles with Tim Holtz Distress inkpad in peeled paint. I put a brad through the centre of each group starting with the smallest ones and then screwed each one around the brad centre. Each one was then gently peeled back and formed into the flower shape. The screwing up of all that paper is a good exercise for frustration and stress lol Some of the circles may tear slightly but I think that it adds to the effect. All the papers that I used were again magazine freebies and I mounted them onto a chipboard page from a Papermania chipboard album. The hanger was a piece of white nylon cord that I coloured using a Promarker. I'm buying most ribbons, lace etc just in white now and colouring them to match the projects using the Promarkers. Hopefully I'll have a tidy ribbon box once I've used up all the bits and pieces of ribbon that I've accumulated over the years lol

3 comments:

  1. Hello happy to hear you are feeling better, This wall plaque is beautiful, love he flowers you have made, and really pretty papers!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, your creation is so gorgeous, beautiful papers. Try to rest , hope your crafting gives you pleasure and the pain eases. janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a great job thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete