Followers

Tuesday, 24 August 2010

One card for a couple of challenges, plus an extra!

This card is for two challenges
Craftycreations challenge #81 Butterflies
Pixieduststudio challenge #36 Polka dots
A close up of the butterflies on the acetate and flowers A close up of the sentiment and flowers
I used pink, brown and white cardstock from the Paper Mill Shop
Papers were a freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft (the inside of the front of the card has been lined using pink paper with brown polka dots)
Sentiment and flowers from Craftworkcards
Spellbinders butterfly cutting and embossing die
Acetate
Stickles glue
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper

This is the day Psalm 118: 24 wall plaque
I really love making these little plaques, I've made a few with different sentiments on. I thought that I would do some with Bible verses on as I think that the size lends itself to something of this nature.
A close up of the verse, background and the foreground stamping

A close up of the trees(really pleased with them!) the cord and the cotton tape. The cord and the tape were white and I used my Marsh Green Promarker to colour them. I really like being able to colour my ribbons and cardstock (anything really ) with the Promarkers to co-ordinate with the rest of my card. After I had coloured the copier paper I then stamped the trees, grasses and birds. I went over the "field" with a water pen to give dimension to the flatness of the colour and also a little bit on some of the trees
I used a page from a Papermania chipboard album
Background paper from The English Paper Co
Photocopier paper with computer gerated bible verse
Adirondak inks, mushroom, oregano, juniper and black
Tim Holtz distress inks,vintage photo
Tree stamps from Dimenson Fourth
Inkadinkado birds and grasses stamps,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my cards. I look forward to reading your comments. If you haven't already looked at previous blog entries can I ask that you spare a few moments to take a look back at my crafting efforts? Thanks :o)



6 comments:

  1. oooooh these are all gorgoeus margaret,especially love the first one,are the butterflies a punch?...if so which punch is it please?

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my old trick of sending my post before I had finished it!! I had added a card I didn't want and was trying to delete it but posted it in stead lol The butterflies are a Spellbinders die. Hopefully I've got all my written detail on now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that butterfly card is beautiful! I love the clear look with the butterfly trails! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Creations!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    **I've got some polka-dots candy on my blog, feel free to take a look!**

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what gorgeous creations you have here!! So beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card!
    I became follower!
    greetings from Anwerp/Belgium
    Monique

    ReplyDelete