Followers

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Blooms and charms

I'm entering this card into two challenges

Sewmany challenge #20 with real or faux stitching. I used my pokey tool and some quilter's tape to make sure that my stitches were of an even length. I then joined them up using a fine liner

Dareu2digi challenge #44 using blooms and charms

A close up of the flowers


A close up of the charm and stitching

I used cardstock from The Paper Mill Shop
Blooms digistamp from Beccy's Place
DP and sentiment from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper stack which was a magazine freebie. The outer border of the sentiment didn't match with the colour scheme so I went over it with the same Promarker that I used to edge the paper and the card with the digi stamp on it
Charm was from a cross-stitch magazine freebie
Promarkers lime green, pear green, tea green, rose pink, pink carnation and pumpkin
Staedtler fine liner



7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the little charm and your stitching looks great! Beautiful work!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, everything works really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Birthday card! I love the flowers and that butterfly charm is a perfect embellishment!

    Thank you for stitching with SMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! What a cute charm!!! TFS with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Margaret!! I really like the purple with the green, it's so pretty. Thank you for sharing the link to your blog, I've enjoyed having a look at your work.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret - this is such a pretty card - you have coloured the flowers perfectly, and the faux stitching looks so realistic. THank you so much for joining us at DU2DS this week.
    Sylvia x
    PS - I love Scarborough - we have spent lots of happy holidays there over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is simply gorgeous !!! I've been on a green & lavender roll lately as the last 3 cards I've made I used those colors. Can't go wrong there !!! Love your work & this image is colored beautifully ... Keep up the great work as so many people enjoy seeing things you make ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete