Followers

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Tulips from Amsterdam?

This card is a bit different from my usual style. I think it's a lot bolder and a bit more "busy" to what I'm used to. There isn't any stitching on the Squigglefly image, I added it to be able to enter it into the Dare U 2 Digi challenge.

I'm entering this card into four challenges

Squigglefly challenge #59 a tent fold card
Peartreedesigns #10 a birthday card
Dareu2digistamp #42 stitching
Ourdailybreaddesigns #22 distress it


I was really pleased with the way the coloured image turned out but when I added the faux stitching I feel that it has more va-va-voom lol




I used the following materials

As always my cardstock is from The Paper Mill Shop. They've got some good offers on at the moment, especially on the pearlescent card working out at 4p and plain cardstock (depending on the thickness of the card) at less than 3p for an A4 sheet :o) If you can get to a store it's worth stocking up

Digi stamp from Squigglefly

Yellow and green striped paper from a Papermania mini scrapbook kit - Spring

Orange spotty paper by My Mind's Eye which was a magazine freebie

Ribbon and flowers from stash. The flower strip is irridescent and I coloured it with a Canary Promarker and it hasn't lost the irridescent sparkle

Woodware Tiny Phrases clear stamps

Versafine Black Onyx stamp pad

Peeled paint Distress Ink by Tim Holtz

Promarkers in apple green, bright green, tulip yellow, sunflower, canary, pumpkin, amber and a 2mm black fine liner to add the stitching

12 comments:

  1. oh Margaret this is truly gorgoeus! beautiful coloring and scrumptious papers!! oh and I love these retro flowers too! great job!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice card! I love those warm, summer colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Margaret! I love what the stitching adds to the image, and your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Margaret.Your faux stitching is so neatly drawn and compliments the image well.Lovely colour combo and shaded perfectly.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Margaret, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty Margaret!! I love the the tulips With the stitching on them!! Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a fresh and fun card!!!Love those colors and the stitching....awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret - those images are WONDERFUL! Love the colors and fresh feeling of the card! Thank you for playing along in the ODBD Shining Light Challenge! Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely as usual. I recognised the orange paper as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the juice colours in your card margaret. great to see you joining us again at PTD. good luck. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! Love this image, love your coloring, and love the sponging! Thanks so much for playing along with ODBD this week! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Margaret:O) Love the colours and cute paper.
    Thank you for joining Squigglefly, good luck!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete