Followers

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Oswalda does Christmas

Christmas in July seems to have affected the weather here in not so sunny Wigan! Would you believe that I've had to put the central heating on to try and dry the washing? I'm certainly not impressed although I think my son and all the troops out in Afghanistan would appreciate a bit of cooler weather. The temperature is about 35C in the middle of the night reaching as high as 57C during the day. They are seriously silly temperatures

On to my card which I'm entering into 2 challenges calling for Christmas in July

SundayswithCrissy challenge #7
IlovePromarkers challenge #25

I could quite happily done lots more layers of decoupage using this image but I might have had some difficulty in finding an envelope the right size!


A side view showing the layers of the decoupage

I used
The Oswalda digi stamp from Crissy at Squigglefly
Background papers from Kameo Kards
Sentiment from Craft Creations
Promarkers in cool grey 2 & 3, amber, saffron, gold, sunkissed pink, satin, ruby, lush green, true blue, blue pearl and pastel blue
Thank you for taking the time to look at my cards and I look forward to reading your comments


10 comments:

  1. ooh this is just the cutest christmas card! Hopefully mine will turn out as good someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Christine, I love the image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret. Great card and an unusual but wonderful image. Does that turkey not realise his days are numbered that he looks so cheerful!!! LOL ...& yes, I know what you mean about the weather, but I am a Lancastrian too. LOL. Thanks for playing along with us at I ♥ Promarkers and I hope you will join us again next week too.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. What a super fun image and your decoupage is brill. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this is cute Margaret and what a fun image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you have layered him, lovely colouring,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous christmas card love the image..x

    Hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I got this card in the post it would make me SMILE! Great image. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Margaret. Oswalda looks adorable and I love the papertole. Thanks for sharing with us at Sundays with Crissy this week. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I love the gingham background too. Great job on the layering, wow! Thanks so much for joining in my challenge at Sundays With Crissy!

    ReplyDelete