Followers

Thursday, 29 July 2010

Garden Poems

This is another Penny Black image that I was going to enter into the Penny Black challenge #1 but I missed the deadline. A whole month to do it and I miss out, DOH!
I am going to enter it into two other challenges
Peartreedesigns challenge #10 a birthday card
Sketchandstash challenge #40 follow the sketch

I'm not at all happy with the bow, it's too soft and every time I trimmed the ends they still frayed. I even tried puttng some bookbinding glue on and cutting through that when it had dried. As soon as I can I shall be buying some more ribbon of a similar width but sturdier, and will replace the one on this card! The item from my stash that is new and never been used before is the cotton lace. Using "big" ribbon and lace is way out of my comfort zone but I'm working on it lol


I might be unhappy with my bow but I am happy with my flowers. The stamp has a trio of flowers so I masked the original image, re-inked the stamp and stamped it again higher and to the left. I then trimmed the card back to the shortest stem. For the matting and layering I didn't have any cardstock to match the background paper or the leaves so I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to the size I needed and coloured a wide border using the same Promarker that I had used for the leaves



I used cardstock from.........you guessed it! The Paper Mill Shop
Penny Black stamp Garden Poem
Sentiment stamp is a magazine freebie
Versafine Black Onyx ink pad
Papers, My Mind's Eye, both freebies from magazines
Lace, ribbon and gem from my stash
Promarkers in pink carnation, fushia pink, canary, grey green and cool grey #2

Thank you for taking the time to look at my cards and I look forward to reading your comments

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love this Margaretm it's so elegant, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brilliant to use the Promarker for the matting and layering, now why didn't I think of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card margaret I love the flower image and that gorgeous lace, the bow looks fab thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card Margaret.Lovely soft colours.Your bow looks beautiful despite all the trouble it gave you.Would PVA glue stop it fraying any further?Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. another lovely birthday card. thanks once again for joining us at PTD. X

    ReplyDelete