Followers

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Red, white and blue

I've made this card for the dareu2digi challenge #39 with the theme of red, white and blue. I think it will make a good belated birthday card or just a "sorry" card as he does look rather downcast so I will wait to put a sentiment until he's needed.

I wanted to give this a little bit of dimension but didn't want to use foam pads or silicone. I printed the image 3 times on to white card and coloured them with my Promarkers. I then cut them out as though I was going to do a normal decoupage and layered them as you would when paper piecing. It is more noticable "in the flesh" and gives a more natural appearance than traditional decoupage.

The image that I've used is by sliekjestamps
Card and paper from my stash
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders labels #8 dies
Cuttlebug Script embossing folder
Promarkers cool grey 3, blush, satin, hot pink, poppy, crimson, marsh green, tan, caramel and denim blue

5 comments:

  1. Sweet card Margaret!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really has the awwwww factor Margaret! Love the decoupage effect and the Nestie layering. Thank you for joining us at DU2DS this week.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I need to buy some promarkers, do you like them? Which would be the best colours to start off with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card and such a sweet image! Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this card Margaret. Isn't this digi designer very generous with her art, I also use them- she's very talented.
    Your layout is great and your colouring is excellent.
    Many hugs,
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete