Followers

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Multi Challenge Card

I'm lucky this week to be able enter one card in three challenge blogs. It would have been a couple more had I pulled my finger out and got cracking with the card instead of browsing my way through lots of blogs!
With hindsight I should have made this a square card as I think, the more I look at it, that it looks empty. If it doesn't grow on me I might try and demolish it and re-do it square. Unless my daughter approves of it as she is very honest where my cards are concerned. I think that I should have used a stronger green cardstock too.
I stamped the images onto the patterned paper, cut them out and mounted onto the green card and then cut the circles out using Nesties.
Does anyone else re-act the same to their cards as I do to mine? It's a wonder that I ever manage to send them to anyone, let alone sell them!
The detail
I'm entering this card into
Let's Get Stamping challenge 29th May where the spec was to follow the sketch and use only two colours. I chose yellow and green
Sundays With Chrissy #4 where the spec was layers
Pear Tree Designs #2 where the spec was to include flowers
I used
Cardstock from The Paper Mill Shop
Yellow spotty paper from stash
Hero Arts Poly Clear Stamp set CL374 large and small flowers
Woodware clear stamps Tiny Phrases
Stazon ink, black
Ranger's Sea Shells ink pad in Conch Shell (yellow)
Card Candy from Craftwork Cards
Spellbinder's large circle Nestabilities





8 comments:

  1. Very nice and so unusual. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret.Clever take on the sketch and some brilliant techniques used.Don't be so hard on yourself it's a fabulous card - one anyone would be pleased to receive.Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge at Pear Tree Designs.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card!

    Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layers, cute colors too! Thanks for joining us at Sundays with Crissy!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layers. Nice effect!

    Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Challenge Blog.

    Good luck.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Great idea. Thanks for joining us at Sundays with Crissy. Hugs, Zoe xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, just love this card and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.

    Clare (DT)X

    ReplyDelete