Followers

Sunday, 13 June 2010

Lilac and Lemon

I have made this card exactly as the sketch for the Papertake challenge #42. It also had an optional twist of a lilac and lemon colourway as the sponsor this week is Lilac Lemon Designs

The topper
I used
Lilac backing papers from HOTP
Silver floral, straight border and Happy Birthday peeloffs
Purple Promarker
Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish
Stickles Crystal
I used the purple Promarker to colour all the silver peeloffs that I used.
To make the centre panel I randomly placed the coloured floral peeloffs on to a piece of lemon cardstock slightly larger than I wanted the finished piece to be.
I then added the Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish to the petals and leaves. I left it overnight to ensure that the glaze was completely dry and then gave it a further covering with the glaze, again leaving it until it was dry. I completed it by adding a layer of Stickle Crystal glitter glue.
When it was dry I cut it down to the size I wanted and then layered it on to a piece of lemon paper. The peeloff borders were added around the topper on the paper and then it was trimmed to size. I layered the panel on the card using 3D foam pads

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as usual. I'm hoping to get some time to sit down and make this afternoon, as I bought lots of new goodies over the weekend. Hubby is now at the complaining stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete