Followers

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Father's Day

This is the card that I've made for my Father-in-law for Father's Day. I've been able to combine challenges for this card

Let's Get Crafting (Craftbubble) to alter the edges of card and layers
I_love_digi #8 to use a digi stamp
sewmanychallenge #16 to make a Father's Day card without using the colour blue
really-reasonable-ribbon-challenge #1 Masculine with ribbon

A closeup of the decoupage
Firstly I added colour to the base card using Tim Holtz Distress ink pad in Vintage Photo. I also used the inkpad to add colour to a bp, that was white and green, after I had torn the edges. I printed the digi stamp three times and coloured using Promarkers and cut two of the images to use as decoupage. The sentiment was printed from my laptop. I used a corner rounder on the green card matt behind the digi image and on the sentiment panel and matt. The hessian strip was from my stash, it had been salvaged from a gift basket.

I used

Cardstock from The Paper Mill
Digi stamp Gardening Tools from Beccy's_Place
Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo
Promarkers, satin, buttercup, sunflower, ginger, sandstone, caramel, cool grey 3, antique pink, tea green, grey green, lime green, forest green and lavender
Hessian strip from my stash

11 comments:

  1. hello..this looks super, fab card, thanks for joining in with SMC this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic detail! Thanks for playing along at I Love Digi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a cute image! Love that decoupage!! You did a great job distressing! Great card!!! TFS at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Lovely decoupage work!
    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I love the image and so beautfully coloured. Thanks for playing along at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the details! Awesome!!!

    Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the perfect card for that Gardener. I love the colors and the decoupage is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on this weeks sew many challenge, thanks for joining in. Hope you will join in the fun next week.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally fabulous your design along with that fantastic image is just perfect for Father's Day I love this thank you for sharing it with us at SMC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining our first Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete