Followers

Sunday, 6 June 2010

Card for Mum

This is one of the last cards that I made for my Mum who died last year. She had trouble with her vision so I made it quite tactile and glittery. The 5 layer medallion is from Lili of the Valley. Each layer was mounted using 2mm thick foam pads and I covered all visible areas with Glamour Dust. Mum might not have been able to see it clearly but she could see the sparkle! The backing paper is striped vellum that I embossed with the Cuttlebug folder Floral Fantasy. I used a glue pen on the embossed area and again used the Glamour Dust. The lettering was done using the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet. A straight silver border peeloff covered the join of the vellum and card

1 comment:

  1. A truly lovely card, I bet your mum really appreciated it. I lost my own mum five years ago. She gave her life to the Lord six months before she died. It was an honour and privilege to be there. It's amazing how much you miss them, and not necessarily for the big things. Sometimes when I've had a good day I think, "I'll just give mum a call and tell her." It's then that it sinks in...

    ReplyDelete