Followers

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

First Easel Card and entry for Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

The challenge is to use distressing or sponge the edges of your card/project and can be found here

This is the first easel card that I have made and I think it turned out quite well. For the base card and the stand up front I used Spellbinder's Nestabilities Label #8. I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and coloured it using Ranger's Sea Shells ink pad in Cloudy Blue. For the flowers and the backing papers I used a 6"x6" paper pack that was free with Card Making and Papercraft magazine. To create the flowers and leaves I used a Cuttlebug flower die, cutting the flowers I used for the leaves in half. For each flower I cut 4 shapes and I used the same ink pad to edge the flowers and leaves before cutting into the flower shapes to create petals, curling them for added depth. The flower centres were created using the deep pink from the Craftwork Cards Card Candy Tropical pack. The butterfly is one that I cut out using a Martha Stewart punch at the ICHF Aintree show in white. It was coloured using a Tattered Rose Distress ink pad. The only part of the card that I'm not 100% sure of is the stems that were created using a Woodware Tiny Phrase stamp in Adirondak Bottle. I did a second print without re-inking to get a shadow effect but I think they just look smudged.



A close up of the flowers and "smudged" stems!

5 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty easel card, I really admire the flowers. Nice job all around! Thank you for participating this week in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! I love those flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a pretty easel card-great idea to use the nesties-awesome flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love it, love it, love it!!!! This is a gorgeous easel card and the sponging of your layers really makes each layer pop! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning!! Love your colors, flowers and the shape of your easel!! Thanks for joining the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete