Followers

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Things with Wings

This project is for four challenges

Whimsy Stamps #42  Things with wings

Crafty Individuals June challenge a summer's ball

Sundays With Crissy #30 tickets and tags

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #143 something that moves


The challenge at Crafty Individuals is for a summer's ball open to our own interpretation.  So here is mine.  After the caterpillars have been to the Ugly Bug Ball they transform into gracefully dancing butterflies!


Firstly I folded my tag and then used my Grand Calibur to put a decorative edge on it then I stamped the image in Rich Cocoa Memento ink and then masked it off.  I used  distress ink to lift the colour of the cream linen cardstock and to apply flourishes in the same colour.  I tied bows in three ribbons, one for each butterfly.


I stamped the image onto acetate using Stazon and added glitter to the backs of the butterflies.  I cut them out and attached them to the tag with 3D gel

Materials used

Crafty Individuals stamps CI-347 butterflies and CI-235 flourishes
Memento, Stazon and Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads
Acetate
Pva
Glitter from stash
Ribbons
Pinflair 3D gel

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful creation Margaret! Love the shape and those butterflies are stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Inspirations, Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    A fun interpretation of the Summer Ball theme!
    Such a pretty tag.
    Thank you for joining us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Stunning Tag Margaret. I love what you have created. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes loving this tag card - and the butterflies (with glitter) look stunning. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge Margaret. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret - your interpretation of the Summer Ball is wonderful, and I love the butterflies. A totally gorgeous creation.

    Thank you so much for letting me know about the SSIC win - how fantastic is that! I have never been called a Shining Star before, and I must admit, I quite like it!
    Hope you are having a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zowie Margaret is that one fabulous tag and a most creative interpretation!! I love the shape and the butterflies are beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a stunning tag, love the glittery butterflies, love your take on he challenge this month at Crafty Individuals
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love your edges! That really makes this pop! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. I love how you did the butterflies. I love how the glitter looks on the acetate. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, I love the butterflies on the tag. They give it such lovely accent. Thanks for joining Sundays with Crissy.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag! LOVE the 3D effect with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous. Love the pretty edging and the soft yellow you have used. Very summery

    ReplyDelete