Followers

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Father's Day

My original inspiration for this card was the photo/colour scheme of the Play Date Cafe challenge #135 as in this photo
 but, as usual, I forgot that the PDC challenges finish on the Tuesday and not the Wednesday like other Thursday challenges.  I am entering the card into the following challenges



The Pink Elephant #52 a masculine card


I was really pleased with the way this card turned out, capturing the photo inspiration just right, I thought .  I'm going to have to write this challenge in my book in huge letters to remind me that I need to post it by Tuesday!  This is the second time that I've used this stamp, colouring the first one just in sepia tone, so I must try a full colour version next time.


I coloured each of the trees with two shades of six blue/aquamarine to differentiate the styles of the trees 


Finished it off with the sentiment panel.  It is for my FiL for Father's Day and he will give it me back in a couple of weeks so that I can 'use it for someone else' lol  He's keen on recycling!

Materials used

Michael Powell Urban stamp
Memento ink pad
Promarkers
DCWV cardstock
Paper from stash
Peeloff sentiment
Brad

6 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, your card is amazing! The colours are fitting perfectly for this beautifull image. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love your colour choices, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous!!!
    Thank fou for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thank you so much for joining us this time at
    Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete